Friday, March 2, 2012

I weep for the unborn

RANT ON:

It shames me that I know who "Snooki" is... It pains me even more that she has become a role model for young women (I am subbing in a middle school, its just creepy). But what really gets me is that our media (a once trusted bastion for news and facts) finds anything this "low test score" does as news... I heard it not only on three radio stations, but saw it on the crawl on two news website that snooki might be expecting a child... Not only that Yahoo is still running stories about it on its homepage. How is an unwed, poorly spoken, drunk, classless woman getting knocked up news? It's not. 
What should be news is the steady spiral of the average intelligence of our country and culture... Did you know that this year a new president will be elected? Isn't it also an Olympic year? If you care more about snooki getting knocked up than, well anything on the planet you are part of the problem... Seriously these vapid reality tv stars are like Freddy, if no one thinks about them they can't haunt my nightmares. 

RANT OFF:

No comments:

Post a Comment